In this short clip we listen as Dawson explains the motivation behind the Global 6K for Water, and why it’s so necessary for every one of us to get involved.
Listen or download:
With the vital areas of healthy and wholeness before us, we had two of our own share their journey, and struggles, in becoming as healthy as God wants them to be. Dawson and Anna Hunter are uncommon people who have ventured through the common struggles shared by us all, as newlyweds, in the workforce, new parents, and now settling into life. » Listen to their whole message here
Team World Vision 6K for Water » GodRenews.us/6K
What:World Vision’s Global 6K for Water is a one day event where people from all over the world unite on the same day for the same cause – clean water
Nearly 1,000 children under 5 die every day from diarrhea caused by dirty water, poor sanitation, and improper hygiene. That’s why World Vision is providing a new person with clean water every 30 seconds as part of our full solution to poverty. Clean water frees children from deadly disease, liberates women and children from a life spent gathering dirty water, and opens the door to education, a promising future, and a full life, the kind of life God intends.
Where: Clackamette Park (where the Clackamas meets the Willamette) Just north of 205 off of McLoughlin
- Imagine being without water for 3 days. (story)
- Now imagine having to walk 6km (3.7mi) every day, twice a day, carrying 40lbs on the return trip.
- What would life be like for you?
- No school. No free time. No other opportunities
- Danger on the road. Robbery. Kidnapping. Rape.
- Story from conference.
- What if you could change someone’s life?
- Would you trade two weeks of water, for a lifetime supply for someone else?
- How about $50. Why not two people? Why not ask your friends?
- What if we could change 10,000 children’s lives?
- World Vision does water projects well:
- WV wells last a long time (20 years, opposed to 1-3 years; independently tested)
- 95% of WV employees are native to the countries they build their wells.
- Every dollar donated in this project goes to the project (no overhead)
- Register to Run » GodRenews.us/6K
- Give generously and sacrificially. Take time to weigh the cost and the value.
- Ask your friends to join you. Ask them to run. Share the vision.
- Ask your friends to give generously. Cast the vision. If you can’t ask someone else, why are you giving in the first place?
- Run. Put yourself in a child’s shoes. Experience the pain of their struggle, and the joy of serving them.
Join Team Renew for Water in Oregon City on Saturday, May 6th, 2017.
Your registration ($50) provides water for life to a child in Africa! When you sign up here you’ll be given the option to do further fundraising as well.
Update: children under age 15 are able to signup for $25. (Yet, know that every penny goes to provide life-changing clean water to those in need. Whether you pay $25 or the full $50, all of it helps.)
Message title: Build the Altar as Stewards of our Bodies
Second Week of Build the Altar
Scriptures: 1 Corinthians 6:19-20; 2 Corinthians 4:1-12; Romans 12:1, et al
Speakers: Dawson & Anna Hunter
This year each of us are invited on an adventure to build an altar to God each new day, to look up and love our Creator first. What will be your plan to develop a new rhythm of seeking God each day? » Find some help here.