The Women of Renew Church extend an invitation to all women to join along in studying the theme of Fully Pleasing God as we study Colossians.
Of all of our aims and goals and New Year’s resolutions, one ultimate purpose encompasses them all: Pleasing God.
Paul exhorts his readers in Ephesians 5: Find out what pleases the Lord. As beloved children of God, this is our life calling. The whole book of Colossians flows out of Paul’s prayerful heart for these faithful believers.
“And so, from the day we heard, we have not ceased to pray for you, asking that you may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding, so as to walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing to Him, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God” (Colossians 1:9-10).
As we journey through this letter, we will set our hearts on this one goal: Fully pleasing God. We’d be so honored if you’d join us.
Thank you for your interest, and we hope you will join us! Please be praying for God’s Spirit to lead, bless, instruct, encourage, and make us more like Him as we spend time together in His Word. Also, please feel free to invite other women, sharing the link to this page.
Here are the details:
What: Bible Study through Colossians. Topic? Fully Pleasing God.
Why: Our purpose is to gather together, encouraging each other, stirring up one another to love and good works (Heb. 10:24), focusing our hearts and minds on God’s Word that we might become mature in Christ (Colossians 1:28).
Who: Any women. (There will be childcare for ages 0-5. One paid worker is provided and we will each take turns volunteering once.)
When: Tuesday mornings 9:30-11:30am from 1/21 — 3/11 (eight weeks).
What to expect: Our morning will look roughly like this:
- 9:20-9:30 Arrive—you will be greeted by the lovely Christine who can show you where to take kids, etc.
- 9:30-10:00 Fellowship: Coffee, tea provided, fellowship, get to know each other, open in prayer.
- 10:00-10:30 Teaching: Teaching/sharing the passage in 1st John.
- 10:30-11:00 Discussion: Discuss, reflect, how does this apply to us, look over the Walking it Out hand-out we will take home.
- 11:00-11:30 Prayer: Pray together, for each other, our families, our cities, our needs. Those who are comfortable may pray out loud, those who aren’t are welcome to listen and pray along silently.
How much: Cost is $20 to cover childcare, facility, and refreshments, but ANYone is welcome, so please don’t let $ be an issue.
- Details about making a secure online payment will be emailed to you once you confirm you’ll be there!