See you this Sunday at 10 AM as we gather as a church family to worship and learn at the Revival Building (813 7th St).
Here’s the key emphases, happenings and overall announcements to read before we gather to sing, pray, share, serve and celebrate.
We begin the morning by praying and singing together to God, all generations with one voice.
Audio from last Sunday is now online:
- Molly Harding’s Story of Renewal and how Jesus is teaching her to trust Him in challenging circumstances
- Jeff Patterson’s race recap of running for water with Team World Vision in the Hood-to-Coast relay earlier in the weekend
- Both are included in the Renew podcast (see links at bottom)
Emphasis this Sunday: There is no other foundation upon which we can build our lives. Jesus alone is our firm foundation, the only One able to carry the burdens of the whole world and endure through all trials and troubles.
In this third chapter of Paul’s first letter to the Corinthians he tells them that in Jesus “all things are yours.” What does that mean?
This new study of Paul’s First letter to the Corinthians is “The Beautiful Messy Church.”
On Sunday, we begin all together to sing and pray. Elementary kids are welcome to remain in the large group gathering, or may join the the Pre-K class at “half-time” when they head to their classes. Together Renew Kids are learning about the life and times of Jesus the Christ with the Gospel Project for Kids.
Birth to two years upstairs, and preschool age (3-5yrs) downstairs, with the option of 1st & 2nd graders (age 6-7yrs) joining them. Thank you to all who serve faithfully in leading children to know Christ through meaningful relationships.
New Family Verse:
Jesus said, “By this all people will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.”
Any and all questions about these announcements can be sent to hello@Godrenews.us.
1. Monday night Prayer » As people who believe Jesus heals us, and we need be renewed in community, join us to pray for one another, those we know, and the world. Dinner at six, an hour of prayer from seven to eight.
2. Women’s Bible study is a Word-centered and relationship driven approach to women’s discipleship. Actually, we’re now calling itWomen’s Disciplemaking, becoming deeper followers of Jesus who are actively making more disciples of Him. Sessions start up this week: Tuesday mornings (9:30-11:30 AM with childcare provided) or Wednesday evenings (7-9 PM). » Completely free. Sign-up!
3. Men’s Huddle on Thursday, September 10th (6-7 AM @ Coffee Rush, 9th & Main in Oregon City). We pray together and then briefly study the First Corinthians passage (this week 1 Cor. 3) in advance of each #BeautifulMessyChurch message the following Sunday. All men invited!
4. This year we each of us are invited on an adventure to look up and love God first. What will be your plan to develop a new rhythm of seeking God? » Find some help here.
Reminder: The City iPhone app is available in the App Store. and the Android app in the Google Play Store. Also, if you desire to make a final financial contribution to Renew Church, you are invited to give online now using our secure online givine module with The City.
Let’s continue to invite people into our lives, beyond Sundays, just as we invite them to worship with us. Sharing a meal together this coming week — at a restaurant or at home — is a good way to sit down and talk about life. Invite people over, embody hospitality.
Recorded messages are collected in a podcast and now online, including all 39 weeks of our journey through the EPIC Story of God, each message during the Advent season, the recent teachings in God of Promise, and Relational Rent.