See you on Sunday at 10 AM as we kickoff the New Year by gathering for worship and the word at the Revival Building (813 7th St). Here’s the key emphases, happenings and overall announcements to read before we gather to sing, pray, share and celebrate.
By faith we go. By faith we stay. By faith we grow. By faith we obey.
God of Promise continues as the life of Abraham gives us an example of God given faith that is in collision with human doubt and fear. But even when we are faithless, God is faithful.
We are grateful that the one who is called Faithful is the one who fills us with faith. And by His grace God gives us the faith to meet every challenge in this life. And more importantly, He gives us the faith to be called righteousness.
- Read ahead: Genesis 12
This year we each of us are invited on an adventure to look up and love God first. What will be your plan to develop a new rhythm of seeking God each day? » Find some help here.
In an effort to support Renew Families, we are launching a couple new initiatives in 2015. To help your leaders know about your values and interests in parenting, and ensure we are doing all we can to support you as you bring up your children as disciples of Jesus, please respond by taking the Renew Kids Survey.
On Sunday, we begin all together to sing and pray. Early elementary kids are welcome to remain in the large group gathering, or may join the the Pre-K class at “half-time” when they head to their classes. Together Renew Kids are learning about the life and times of Jesus the Christ in the Gospel Project for Kids.
Birth to two years upstairs, and preschool age (3-5yrs) downstairs, with the option of 1st & 2nd graders (age 6-7yrs) joining them. Thank you to all who serve faithfully in leading children to know Christ through meaningful relationships.
Our new Family Verse:
“…these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing you may have life in His name.” —John 20:31
- Parents: take the Renew Kids Survey » your voice and wisdom is greatly appreciated.
- Thank you all who helped with the paint + work party last Sunday!
- Women’s Bible study continues this Tuesday, February 3rd (9:30-11:30 AM at 813 7th St). Studying A Praying Life together, and childcare is provided.
- Men’s Huddle on Thursday, February 5th (6-7 AM @ Coffee Rush, 9th & Main in Oregon City). We’re intentionally focusing on becoming better spiritual leaders in our homes. (Responses necessary.)
- This year we each of us are invited on an adventure to look up and love God first. What will be your plan to develop a new rhythm of seeking God? » Find some help here.
- 2014 giving statements have been mailed, and should be delivered this week. Thank you for contributing to the work of your church family.
Let’s continue to invite people into our lives, beyond Sundays, just as we invite them to worship with us. Sharing a meal together this coming week — at a restaurant or at home — is a good way to sit down and talk about life. Invite people over, embody hospitality.
Recorded messages are collected in a podcast and now online, including all 39 weeks of our journey through the EPIC Story of God, each message during the Advent season, and the recent teachings in God of Promise.