In order to serve one another well, God’s Spirit empowers His people with spiritual gifts — abilities energized by the Holy Spirit, to be used for the good of the church, and Jesus’ fame in the world.
We continue with the “sign” gifts, those that are seen as more spectacular and supernatural. While it is our conviction that all spiritual gifts are significant workings of God’s Spirit in and through His people, we recognize there is a unique way that these manifestations of the Spirit work in the church.
A continuation of part one…
Also see previous messages on the purpose and use of spiritual gifts:
- 2/14: Gifted to Speak Grace & Truth (1st Corinthians 12:1-11)
- 2/21: First Love (1st Corinthians 13)
- 2/28: Gifted to Demonstrate God’s Love (1st Corinthians 12:12-26)
- 3/6: Gifted to See & Hear the Giver (1st Corinthians 12; John 16)
Listen or download:
- The gift of faith is the divine ability to envision what needs to be done, and to trust God to accomplish it, though it seems impossible to others.
- Through various gifts of healing God’s people are granted the ability to pray for or counsel with people as God brings supernatural healing in their need.
(We distinguished gifts of healing(s) as when God works through many in varied ways, rather than only through a select few.)
- A miracle is when God interrupts the natural world and makes situations whole again. Providence is another class of His prevenient work, though providence has the Creator working through natural means, a miracle is a supernatural interruption of natural laws.
Scripture readings: 1st Corinthians 12:1-11; Joel 2:21-29
This year we each of us are invited on an adventure to look up and love God first. What will be your plan to develop a new rhythm of seeking God each day? » Find some help here.