A quick rundown on the happenings, opportunities & emphases of Renew Church as we gather for worship and scatter as followers of Jesus this week.
We give a brief time during the worship service to highlight one or two. Here’s just about everything that’s going on, jotted down in one place.
For the week of January 5th …
We’re so looking forward to seeing all of you on Sunday morning, the first of 2014. See you at 10:00 AM at the Revival Building.
Among the songs we’ll sing together are Cannons, Desert Soul, and Build Your Kingdom Here.
This first Sunday of the month we share lunch at Noon. Teriyaki beef will be grilled all morning, and you can RSVP on The City to bring another item or side.
We begin all together to sing and pray. School-aged kids stay in the service, and then at “half-time” the youngest ones head to their classes, studying Amos, one of the great prophets to Israel (Amos 1-9). Birth to two years upstairs, and preschool age (3-5) downstairs. Thank you to all who serve faithfully in leading children to know Christ through meaningful relationships.
On Saturday morning 1/4 (9 AM—Noon) we’ll come together to finish some of those unfinished renovation projects in the Renew KIDS rooms. Such as painting the trim, assembling storage and furniture items, and completing that reclaimed wood wall. » Click here to let us know you’ll be there and if you have a desire to work on a particular area.
On this first Sunday we share lunch together after morning worship. RSVP and say what you’ll bring.
We want to make the name of Jesus non-ignorable in our cities, and City Groups are a key way to embrace and embody the teachings of Jesus. They are “gospel communities on mission,” where we can live as an extended family with purpose and deepen relationships in and for our cities. #family #missionaries
Three City Groups are gathering for the New Year. One each in Canby, West Linn, and Oregon City.
- Canby City Group led & hosted by Rich & Anne Rowell meets next Thursday 1/9, 6-8 PM. » Contact them for details.
- West Linn City Group led & hosted by Brian & Molly Harding meets next Friday 1/10, 7 PM. » Contact them for details.
- Oregon City Group led & hosted by Jeff & Kari Patterson meets Friday evening 1/3, 6-8 PM. » Email jeff@Godrenews.us for info.
Learning and growing continues weekly with:
- Renew men’s huddle early Tuesday mornings, starting back up on 1/14 (6-7 AM at Coffee Rush). Note: meeting on Thursday morning 1/9 instead just this coming week » details & RSVP here.
- Renew Women’s Bible study starts back up on Tuesday 1/14, for a Winter study through Colossians (9:30-11:30 AM Tuesdays at the Revival Building » details & registration here.
We’re also compelling one another to embrace and embody God’s Story by reading through the Bible in 2014. Join along this good journey!
Have a hard time getting into a regular rhythm of reading and praying? There’s some help for developing a devotional life too. #learners
Let’s continue to invite people into our lives, just we invite them to worship with us. Sharing lunch together is a great way to get to know others.