See you on Sunday at 10 AM as we gather for worship and the word at the Revival Building (813 7th St). Read this rundown of the key emphases, happenings and overall announcements to read before we gather to sing, pray, share and celebrate.
- O Come, O Come Emmanuel
- Silent Night (Emmanuel)
- God With Us
- What Child Is This / O Holy Night
- Angels We Have Heard on High
- Joy the World
The Advent season invites us to wait for the coming Savior. Everything changed when Jesus arrived, when God the King came as a Child. But no one knew what was coming, nor who was coming and when, except Mary. She was an unlikely yet blessed young woman who rejoiced in God her Savior and lived in His joy. This Sunday we look at her song, The Magnificat. » Read ahead: Luke 1:26-56.
We begin all together to sing and pray. Early elementary kids are welcome to remain in the large group gathering, or may join the the Pre-K class at “half-time” when they head to their classes. Together Renew Kids are learning about the birth of Jesus the Christ in the Gospel Project for Kids.
Birth to two years upstairs, and preschool age (3-5yrs) downstairs, with the option of 1st & 2nd graders (age 6-7yrs) joining them. Thank you to all who serve faithfully in leading children to know Christ through meaningful relationships.
Our new Family Verse:
- We’re back in the rhythm of Prayer Meetings on Monday nights. Come at 6 PM for dinner, gather to pray from 7-8 PM.
- Men’s Huddle this Thursday, December 18th (6-7 AM @ Coffee Rush, 9th & Main in Oregon City). We’re intentionally focusing on becoming better spiritual leaders in our homes. (Responses necessary.)
- Planning a Christmas Eve worship gathering. More details to be shared this Sunday.
Let’s continue to invite people into our lives, beyond Sundays, just as we invite them to worship with us. Sharing a meal together this coming week — at a restaurant or at home — is a good way to sit down and talk about life. Invite people over, embody hospitality.
Recorded messages are collected in a podcast and now online, including all 39 weeks of our journey through the EPIC Story of God.» You may also subscribe in iTunes here, listen on Godrenews.us or access the podcast feed directly here